Accredited Online Event Series:
Palliative Care for Patients with Advanced COPD
This session will be structured around several cases designed to illustrate principles of palliative management of different end-stage lung diseases, including Pulmonary Fibrosis, COPD, and Cystic Fibrosis.
- Review the main non-malignant lung diseases that progress to end stage through case presentation
- Explore the pathophysiology and treatment of symptoms in these patients with End-Stage Lung Disease.
- Appreciate the boundaries to PC in these pts
- Initiate useful advance care planning for patients with End-Stage Lung Disease.
- This session will run for 60 minutes followed by a 30 minute interactive question and answer period.
This session is currently being accredited by the College of Family Physicians and will be valid for 1.5 Mainpro-M1 credits.
Presented by: James Downar and Rebecca Colman
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Time: 1:30 – 3:00 PM EST (Ottawa time)
Where: Accessed online via phone and web
Price: $55 for a non-member and $45 for a member (Group tickets available – to see a list of ticket prices, please click here).
Please note: To obtain accreditation or proof of attendance, EACH person attending must purchase a ticket. If you would like further information about group rates, please contact email@example.com.
The PowerPoint presentation and recording will be made available to all participants approximately one week after the event. All ticket sales are final.
**Nurses may claim this session as a continuous learning (CL) activity toward renewal of the CNA certification credential if it is related to their nursing specialty. Pre-authorization from the CNA Certification Program is not required. Participants are encouraged to retain a confirmation of attendance.
Please note, these sessions are currently available in English only.
Click here to purchase your ticket!