- This event has passed.
21st International Congress on Palliative Care
October 20, 2016
EARLY BIRD Registration Deadline:
March 31, 2016
Deadline for Poster Abstract Submission:
May 31, 2016
We hope that you are planning to join us for the 21st International Congress on Palliative Care, to be held October 18-21, 2016, at the Palais des Congrès in Montréal, Canada. This is just a friendly reminder that the deadline to register at the preferential early bird rate is Thursday, March 31st, 2016. If you are attending from outside Canada, you will find that the low Canadian dollar will give you an added price advantage!
Below are some of our registration rates converted at today’s rates to give you an idea of the savings:
Full Congress Early bird rate (until March 31):
$780 CAD = $ 594.85 USD = 531.30 Euros = 419.82 GBP
Full Congress – Student – Early bird rate (until March 31):
$375 CAD = $ 285.99 USD = 255.43 Euros = 201.84 GBP
Presented by Palliative Care McGill, this biennial Congress has earned its well-deserved reputation of being one of the world’s preeminent gatherings of palliative care professionals and others with an interest in the field.
WHAT MAKES THE INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON PALLIATIVE CARE SO SPECIAL?
- It is the longest-running Congress in Palliative Care and the leading event in the field since 1976…
- A unique opportunity to meet, share experiences and exchange ideas with colleagues from over 60 countries, representing all disciplines – nurses, physicians, social workers, physical and occupational therapists, music therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, pastoral care providers, administrators, volunteers…
- In-depth workshops and seminars covering all aspects of end-of-life care, structured to allow ample time for dialogue, questions and thoughtful interaction…
- Renowned speakers who deepen your understanding, and inspire you to renew your commitment to palliative care…
- Reflections – a brief interlude of images and music at the start of each Plenary – providing a unique and moving experience that leaves a lasting impression.
In all, over 250 oral presentations and more than 400 posters will be presented.
Not to mention the rich networking opportunities and self-care activities!
AMONG THE HIGHLIGHTS:
Inspiring speakers such as:
- Professor Joanna Bourke, author of The Story of Pain and Professor of history at Birkbeck College, University of London
- Dr. Chris Feudtner, Professor of Pediatrics, Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Professor Éric Fiat, philosopher, Institute Hannah-Arendt in France
- Johanne de Montigny, psychologist, Montréal
- Maestro Kent Nagano, Music Director of the Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal
- David Praill, former Chief Executive at Hospice UK
- Professor M.R. Rajagopal, Chairman of Pallium India
- Dr. Amit Sood, Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN
- and many more
Update on Palliative Modalities for Managing Cancer Patients (Clinical Master Class)
Bringing Your Whole Person to Whole Person Care
Rethinking the “Pediatric” in Pediatric Palliative Care: An Interprofessional Examination of the Child in Research and Practice
Building Strength in Palliative Care Nursing: Knowledge, Action and Self-care
Research Methodology: Developing and Evaluating Innovative and/or Complex Programs/Innovations
Special Seminars on:
Pharmacotherapy and Palliative Care
Fundamentals of Palliative Care Nursing
New Trends in Bereavement Research and Supportive Practice
From Personalized Medicine, Patient-Centered Care to Person-Centered Care
For more information on the Congress,
visit www.pal2016.com, e-mail email@example.com or call +1 450-292-3456 ext. 227.
Register before March 31, 2016 to take advantage of the early-bird rate.
Registration is available online here, by mail or by fax.