- This event has passed.
Alberta – Writing for Connection: Capturing Life Stories Touched by Dementia (Online)
June 9, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFREE
Join Caregivers Alberta on June 9th to learn how you can begin the practice of writing and journaling! This session will focus on how to capture the life stories of those living with dementia. This online workshop is led by Kimberly Fraser, author of the upcoming book, The Accidental Caregiver.
All are welcome to participate- no writing experience needed!
During the workshop you will:
- Learn where to look for a story
- Learn how to get started
- Think about artifacts that you can use as prompts
- Write short segments based on writing and journaling prompts
- Take away tools that will help you capture and document personal stories
What to Expect:
The first 45 mins will be focused on learning and practicing writing by using prompts. While the final 15 min will be left for Q&A.
What to Bring:
- A pen and notebook or use your computer for writing
- A photograph or picture from a magazine that has meaning for you