Canmore – Mindfulness Retreat for Counsellors, Therapists, and Caregivers
July 8 @ 8:00 am - July 10 @ 5:00 pm
The ability to regulate one’s body and find balance in emotion, thought and physical health is at the core of healing and well-being. It is extremely important for caregivers to cultivate their own well-being and deepen their own practice of developing regulation skills. This ‘working retreat’ will assist participants in developing their own mindful practice and provide the opportunity to experience the effect of a deeper embodied presence and attunement with others. In this highly experiential workshop participants will practice mindfulness, regulation skills and strategies meant to promote compassionate self-awareness and emotional balance as well as prevent burnout and compassion fatigue.
About This Retreat
During this retreat, participants will…
- Learn about the connection between mindfulness practices and increased well-being.
- Practice a variety of mindfulness practices including contemplative sitting practice, mindful movement and engaging in creativity.
- Experience time to reflect and integrate experiences through quiet stillness, reflective writing, conversation and dialogue.
- Deepen understanding and ability to sustain mindfulness practice.
- Connect with other helpers interested in using mindfulness practices.
- Take time to rejuvenate, explore and engage with various activities in the surrounding area.
Seating is Limited to 30, so register early!
Daily Retreat Schedule
Mornings will include a combination of instruction, discussion and illustration of principles.
Afternoons will include opportunities for intentional practice by participants.
You Will Receive
– Training manual
*Accommodation is not provided. Participants will need to arrange their own lodging and meals.