- This event has passed.
Music Care Certificate Program – Calgary – Level 1
October 22, 2016 - October 23, 2016
If so, then the Music Care Certificate Program is for you! This program is suitable for allied health care providers, family and volunteer caregivers, musicians, teachers – anyone who would like to increase their knowledge and practical applications of music in care.
Level 1 will introduce students to basic theory and application of music care, and offer strategies that can be applied to various settings. No prior musical or health-sector experience is required. This 14-hour course will prepare you to:
- Understand the basic principles of music in care
- Gain confidence using specific music care techniques
- Develop a strategic plan for a music care program in your care setting
September 23-24, 2016 Edmonton
October 22-23 Calgary
June (TBD) Edmonton
Level 2 deepens students’ knowledge and understanding of music’s effectiveness in care, by looking more in depth at music care research in specific contexts. Discussing real-life experience of using music in care, and making links between theory and practice, is be a theme of the course. Successful completion of Level 1 is a prerequisite for Level 2. This 14-hour course prepares participants to:
- Build music strategies that are directly applicable to your care setting
- Increase your knowledge of research in music care domain areas
- Develop awareness of music’s role within the circle of care
November 12-13 Calgary
Level 3 will synthesize participants’ knowledge of music care effects (Level 2), their skill in delivering music care strategies (Level 1), and understanding of music care’s impact within their care context. Music care advocacy is about playing an important role in music care delivery both on the front lines and the leadership level. Successful completion of Levels 1 & 2 is a prerequisite for Level 3. This 24-hour course prepares participants to:
- Develop contextualized understanding of a personal approach to music care delivery
- Develop advocacy skills to optimize music care delivery
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate music care experiences and/or public speaking
March 9,2017 Alberta
Check the website for course locations www.room217.ca.
For information or to book an exclusive training for your staff, contact Deb at email@example.com or call 905-852-2499.