AHPCA 2012 Roadshow Coming Soon!
‘Talking about the tough stuff’ will focus on open communication between the person living with a life threatening illness and their families, friends and healthcare providers.
- What can we do to support a person with a life threatening illness?
- How can we communicate openly with them throughout their journey about their fears, hopes, wishes, questions and plans?
- How can we maintain relationships while ensuring that the tough stuff is talked about?
- How can we talk openly and clearly about decisions about end of life treatment?
- How can we deal with the uncomfortable feelings, concerns and questions about advance care planning?
Workshop Presenter: Sharon Iverson RN MC Ed
We are pleased to announce that Sharon is returning again this year to lead our workshops. She has worked in the field of grief and loss for the last 16 years, and provides educational sessions for health care providers and the general public.
Participants rated Sharon’s 2011 Workshop as an unqualified success:
‘Best workshop I have ever attended, and there have been many!’ Health Care Worker
2012 Roadshow Locations and Tentative Dates
1. Vermillion Host Group: Canadian Cancer Society Date: Thurs. May 10 Vermilion has been moved to St Paul. Please join us there on May 9, 2012
2. Stony Plain Host Group: Light up Your Life Society Date: Thurs. May 2
3. Airdrie Host Group: Airdrie and District Palliative Care Society Date: October 2012
4. Lethbridge Host Group: St.Michael’s Health Ctre & Lethbridge Pall. Care Team Date: Thurs. April 19
5. St. Paul/Smoky Lake Host Group: St.Paul & Area Pall. Care Assoc. Date: Wed. May 9