There is a Community Oncology presentation on May 16, 2012, 8:00 – 9:00 AM at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre Grand Rounds. The presentation is titled, Actualizing Person Centred Care One Patient at a Time: Learning from Each Other presented by Linda Watson, RN, PhD(c), CON(C), Leader, Interdisciplinary Practice, Community Oncology.
OBJECTIVES: By the end of this presentation the participants will:
- Understand person centred care as an indicator of high quality cancer care.
- Understand the culture shift required to actualize person centred care at a systematic level.
- Be able to describe how the programmatic implementation of Screening for Distress, the 6th Vital Sign is a key driver towards actualizing person centred care.
- Be aware of the four domains of evaluation data from recent Alberta based programmatic implementations of Screening for Distress.
- Become familiar with the provincial plan to embed Screening for Distress into standard patient assessment across AHS-CC.
This session is being offered via telehealth. To can register your site directly by using the videoconference scheduler (https://vcscheduler.ca/schedule20/calendar/calendar.aspx?ID=1268). Should you have any questions please contact Lisa Brook at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 780-643-7108.