* Applications are closed for 2020 *
The Jean Stone Scholarship is generously supported by the Stone Family. The scholarship is in memory of their beloved wife, mother and grandmother, Jean Stone, who was a nurse, caring for others throughout her career.
Jean greatly appreciated the end-of-life care received while in Dulcina Hospice and wished this memorial fund to promote the well being of others and reward exemplary care.
This scholarship of up to $500 is intended to support volunteers working in palliative care by helping to broaden their knowledge. We will award a minimum of two scholarships each year.
The scholarship must be put towards the cost of a conference or course on palliative care. This could be an upcoming educational opportunity in 2020, or one that took place within the past 6 months (June 1 – December 31, 2019).
There are many different courses and conferences out there. Some eligible ideas include:
- 2019 Dignity Therapy Training Workshop, CancerCare Manitoba
- Mary O’Connor Palliative and Hospice Care Conference, Thursday May 7, 2020, Calgary
- 2020 Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Learning Institute, June 11-13, 2020
- 23rd International Congress on Palliative Care, October 13-16, 2020, Montreal
- 31st Annual Palliative Education and Research Day, October 26, 2020, Edmonton
- St Elizabeth Online Training Course – Over a series of five modules, this course will provide learners the opportunity to learn about selected principles of palliative and end-of-life care to clients and their families. Using a holistic framework to understand the dying process, learners will explore concepts about life-threatening illness from advance care planning to the last hours of life and through to death, grief and bereavement. Learners will consider how to provide care that is culturally relevant and honors the choices, traditions, and values of the dying person and their family.
Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can be submitted online (see form below), OR mailed/emailed. Mailed applications and emails that are dated after the deadline will not be accepted.
Please download and read the ‘Criteria and Directions’ document before completing your application.
Application criteria and directions
Printable Application form
Once you have completed this form, please print out a copy to send to us. You may also want to print out a copy for your own records, as it is not possible to save the information you enter.
You can then either scan the printout and email your electronic copy to email@example.com, or you can mail a printout directly to AHPCA, #110, 105 12 Ave SE, Calgary AB, T2G 1A1. Please remember to include your letter of support and your evidence of course/conference registration.
Complete the application online below.