To chair the Board of Directors of the AHPCA and provide direction and vision for and with the Board, holding the organization in trust.
To lead the Society towards the achievement of its stated mission and goals in the most effective and prudent manner
- Oversees the smooth operation of the AHPCA, in co-operation with the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, and staff in accordance with the mission of the AHPCA.
- Leads in building Board involvement in all activities.
- Ensures visionary and strategic planning.
- Is an ex officio member of every Board Committee.
- Calls meetings of the Board and Executive Committee.
- Develops agendas.
- Ensures that the day-to-day business of the Society is carried out, based on the direction provided by the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- In co-operation with the Treasurer and the Executive Committee, oversees the financial management and development of the Society.
- Acts as a principal officer and signing authority for the Society.
- Acts as a spokesperson for the Society or appoints a spokesperson.
- May act as Alberta representative on the CHPCA Board, or may request the Board to designate another person as representative.
- Provides support and direction to the Vice-Chair.
- An interest in the mission of the Society
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and skill in chairing meetings and consensus building
- Organizational skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Willing to travel to AHPCA meetings when acting in the capacity of “Alberta representative” on the CHPCA Board.
Reports To: The AHPCA Board of Directors
Term of Office: Two years
- Must be available on a regular basis by telephone, fax and email.
- Executive meetings (4-6 times per year), with additional meetings as required
- Board meetings (4-6 times per year)
- Committee meetings as time permits
- Availability to communicate with Board members, AHPCA members and staff as needed