To provide an opportunity for future AHPCA Chair to have training and provide support for the Chair in his/ her leadership role.
To assist the Society in achieving its stated mission and goals in the most effective and prudent manner
- Serves as a member of the Board (refer to Responsibilities of Member at Large).
- Shares responsibility with the Chair (i.e.: monitoring of committees, correspondence, spokesperson, etc.).
- Signs contracts, cheques and other documents as required.
- Performs other duties as determined by the Board.
- Chairs Board and Executive Committee meetings in the absence of the Chair.
- May assume the role of Chair upon completion of the Chair’s term.
- May share responsibilities with another Vice-Chair.
- An interest in the mission of the Society
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership and management skills
Reports To: The AHPCA Board of Directors
Term of Office: Two years
- Executive meetings (4-6 times per year), with additional meetings as required
- Board meetings (4-6 times per year)
- Committee meetings as time permits
- Availability to communicate with Board members, AHPCA members and staff as needed