Your membership significantly enhances the overall power of the hospice palliative care movement!
AHPCA promotes and supports comprehensive and quality hospice palliative care for all Albertans in many different ways:
- AHPCA provides and maintains Alberta’s only online palliative care Resource Directory of province-wide hospice palliative care services
- AHPCA highlights news and hospice palliative care events through our members-only newsletter, as well as social media and website
- In response to member feedback that rural Alberta is often left out of palliative care awareness and educational training, we developed the AHPCA Roadshow that has brought education to over 3,000 Albertans in rural locations over the past ten years.
- AHPCA liaises with the provincial and federal governments and makes recommendations.
As the provincial hospice palliative care association, our task is to represent our members and all Albertans, including patients and their families, professionals and volunteers. In our efforts to educate and to be inclusive, we have been listening and talking to members and others across the province. Your views are important and your membership has impact and gives us legitimacy.
Five More Reasons to Join AHPCA
Your AHPCA membership automatically entitles you to:
- reduced conference and workshop rates *
- associate non-voting membership with the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA)
- palliative care updates and newsletters from AHPCA & CHPCA
- reduced prices on merchandise such as “A Caregivers Guide” on the online CHPCA Marketplace
- an opportunity to add your voice to our advocacy efforts on behalf of all Albertans
* Members register for the AHPCA full day Roadshow Workshops for only $10.00.
* Members receive a discounted rate for the CHPCA Annual Conference.
Your AHPCA Membership Automatically Makes you a CHPCA Associate! This gives you:
Joint associate status & provincial membership significantly enhances the overall legitimacy of the hospice palliative care movement in Canada.
Credibility in numbers:
The larger the associate status & provincial membership base the more effective Associations are in many aspects of their mandates, i.e. awareness raising, fundraising, program development and national standards.
Joint associate status & provincial membership allows for the pooling of resources to further the overall mandate and support the development and implementation of programs/services across the country. Pooling of resources also minimizes duplication.
Joint associate status & provincial membership helps ensure that knowledge, programs, services and expertise are portable across the country.
Joint associate status & provincial membership provides access to information, expertise and colleagues all across the country.
While you may purchase an AHPCA membership at any time, member fees are not prorated; all memberships expire on March 31 each year
Thank you for supporting AHPCA by joining our membership: together we can make a difference! To become an AHPCA member please:
If you would prefer, you can also print and mail your completed Membership Form with your cheque or mail your credit card information to the AHPCA Office at:.
Alberta Hospice Palliative Care Association
#110, 105 12 Ave SE
Calgary AB T2G 1A1
An acknowledgement will be mailed promptly after receipt of payment.