Volunteer to support people living with terminal illness across Alberta.
The Living Every Season (LES) program trains you as a volunteer. LES provides safe, confidential support in a social setting for adults living with a life-limiting illness. Through online group sessions, participants become part of an empathetic community while gaining knowledge on a selection of topics related to living with a palliative diagnosis.
The virtual group is led by the LES coordinator on Zoom. The support volunteer will assist the LES coordinator with:
- Welcoming participants to the group session
- Helping with Zoom technical issues
- Connecting with participants who need help operating Zoom
- Maintaining a positive group environment
- Additional tasks as needed
Can you answer “yes” to all these questions?
- Are you comfortable using and trouble-shooting Zoom?
- Are you comfortable hearing about living with a terminal illness and its impacts?
- Can you maintain confidentiality?
- Are you aware of personal boundaries?
- Are you non-judgemental and empathetic?
- Are you willing to ask for help if you have questions or concerns?
- Good oral and written English skills
- Over the age of 18
- A police reference check
- Two references
- Ability to attend training and orientation (via Zoom)
- Because of the training involved, we would like the support volunteer to commit to one year with the program
Why should you volunteer?
- Volunteer from home
- Know you are making a difference in the lives of Albertans who are living with a terminal illness
Each group session is about two hours in length. Time commitment will vary as the program evolves.
Does this sound like the position for you? Complete the form and the LES program coordinator will be in touch with you soon.