Call for Board Members
AHPCA seeks Albertans who identify as Indigenous to join its Board. We are looking for people with an interest in AHPCA’s mission of comprehensive and quality hospice palliative care for all Albertans.
We are looking for energetic, proactive, professional individuals from across the province. Alberta is a diverse province and we are a provincial organization; we want AHPCA’s Board to reflect Alberta’s diversity of experience and geography.
If you are a family member with an experience of hospice and palliative care, you are welcome to apply. We are always seeking people with experience in governance, finance, fundraising, communications or event planning.
Applicants must be able to regularly participate and contribute to AHPCA’s board activities. Specific duties include:
- Become knowledgeable about AHPCA’s activities and actively support and promote AHPCA’s mandate and vision
- Prepare for and attend board meetings and committee meetings
- Represent AHPCA at local events relevant to hospice palliative care
- Become a member or chair of at least one committee (Communications & Membership, Finance, Governance)
Meetings and Time Commitment
- Board meetings are held four times a year. Online board meetings, ninety minutes, are held in September and March. During non-pandemic times, full-day in-person board meetings and board retreats are held in May/June and October/November in Central Alberta. Board members must be able to travel as AHPCA is a provincial organization.
- Board members are asked to sit on at least one committee. Committee meetings, one hour, are held online four times a year.
- AHPCA hosts Imagine, an annual full-day conference for hospice palliative care groups from around Alberta. Board members are strongly encouraged to attend Imagine, which is held the day after the fall board retreat.
- Board members are encouraged to attend a nearby Roadshow and other events as they arise.
- Board members serve two-year renewable terms.
- Approximately one to three hours monthly
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATIONS TO: email@example.com
1) a short biographical summary; and
2) a letter of intent stating your interest and specific ability to contribute as an AHPCA Member at Large